Monday 9 May 2016

Second Year University Experience.


Oh Hey Guys,

This week I decided to mix things up with the use of twitter and the poll tweet option, since this came out on top here we are. I am thinking of using this more often to include you amazing readers in post decisions since this blog is just as much yours as it is mine. So if you somehow did not figure out from the title today I will be sharing with you lovelies my experience of second year university.

For those who do not know I am studying Forensic Investigation and Applied Criminology away from home, last year I decided to do the normal thing and move out into student halls. However, this year I decided since I only needed to take a 50-minute train when I have lectures it was plausible to live at home and be able to work. So lets just say it was a very different experience, one on which I spent mostly on a train.
My view from the train at 7 in the morning!

So first off there was definitely a shock to the system when you’re just thrown in without arm bands in second year. I guess you’re expected to be adults by this point with some kind of determination to get the grades at all costs, I don’t know about you guys but I can barely trust myself to put together an outfit let alone function solo. You do however get the hang of things and baring in mind I lived at home this year I learnt pretty early on to get stuff sorted. To me that was things such as printing out presentations and leaving space to write notes (good tip seen as lecturers talk a mile a minute) or deciding as early as possible what assignment title to go with. Second year was definitely more relaxed (bizarre seen as grades actually counted) but I must admit I did tend to be fairly naughty in my choices of whether or not to go into university. 9 am lectures were literally the worst for me as it meant I had to get up at 5am to leave the house for 6am gahhhhhh!

Whilst most people were out drinking I was usually at home with family or my nephew with a nice cup of tea!


I must say I am a complete fail when it comes to societies and going out, I didn’t really go out in first year so you can imagine the number of times I went out in my second (I think it was once). I really couldn’t have asked for better friends though, second year obviously had highs and lows with friendships as well as assignments. It was more a revelation to me on who had my back and who was just a snake, what’s most important within friendship groups is that you only hope the best for each other rather than trying to improve yourself and step on others to get there. Anyway second year made me appreciate my love Connie a lot more and get closer to others like the lovely Sarah and Nicky and my fellow blogger Harriet.
I’m trying not to use this experience to not only gain a degree and get into debt but to also look after myself and my future, surrounding myself with the best people. If any of you read my previous blog on my updates you would have seen that I chose to move to Canterbury with 4 amazing ladies and I am so excited to move there and get close to the lovelies. Third year should be better living in Canterbury and sharing a house with 2 girls who do criminology too! 


My Right arm at University. Connie!

The course itself was amazing I always find Criminology is my strong point when it comes to grades and outcomes but Forensics is where most of my interest lies. This year was a scenario brought to us which resulted in a “murder” our final assignment was to go to the “scene” and collect evidence. Obviously Connie, Sarah and myself totally made Scene Suits look hot! I am truly excited to start third year; my modules reflect the direct I want to go in when it comes to future careers. I chose to do victims and victimology and Prison systems which hopefully will help me get into victim support or offender rehabilitation.


So there you have it, my blast of a second year. I am actually aiming to have a more balanced third year, hopefully transferring jobs down Canterbury and going out with my housemates. So there you have it, my second year in a nut shell!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PorcelainNIvory | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig