Friday 28 August 2015

Updated Hair Routine/ Care

Oh hey guys!

It's been ages since I've done a hair routine, I noticed that it was one of my top 10 read post on here and it has changed significantly so it was in order! I'm not going to go into crazy depth because it is self explainatory in product and use so I hope you enjoy!


1. So first it is key to note my hair is dyed so I always attempt to make an effort with keeping it nourished and maintained hence the products in this step. Obviously I have to use shampoo and conditioner, I tend to mix them up but I have been going back to this combo because of the results I can feel and see. The products mentioned are L'oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing shampoo (quite a mouthful) followed by L'oreal Paris Elvive Colour Protect Caring Conditioner. This combination combats my fears with colour and also the shampoo is targeted at dry, dull and rough hair I also feel that it adds a shine.





2. Before washing out the conditioner I use my Tangle Teaser Aqua Splash and brush out the millions of knots and tangles that occur within curly hair. This can be time lengthy and painful but I feel like my hair behaves better when I've attempted to brush it in some way. Next I wash it out.

*Please excuse the manky brush*

3. The next products are not always used they are optional, I just have these on hand in case my hair needs a bit of TLC. The first being Bleach London's Reincarnation Mask that was recommended to me by my friend Natalie, it targets dyed and coloured hair to repair and moisturise it. I found this to be amazing at making my hair shine, the only issue I have being the packaging as it's awkward to hold comfortably after squeezing down (see image). The other mask I've recently bought is the Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask which essentially has the same job as the previous mask. I can't say I've used them recently (I probably should) so I can't really compare as of yet but if you guys did want a comparison post or review then let me know.


4. Next is the productI use on my hair when it's been washed yet it is still damp, I have been sticking to one in particular which I highly recommend for curly hair, that product being Tresemme Expert Selection Perfectly Undone Waves Creating Foam. I apply this like you would a mousse so tipping my hair upside down I use about 2 pumps at a time and scrunch it into my hair. I find the more you work it the more defined your curls will become. Usually I prefer washing my hair at night so after applying this I rest my hair above my pillow and let it dry overnight.


* I am aiming to try a new product, Bed Head TIGI On The Rebound Curl Recall Cream, I bought this at my local salon whilst getting my hair done it's mainly used when diffusing (which I don't do) so I am dubious of using it.

5. I let me hair dry overnight and then the curls appear, sometimes they behave and other times it can be testing.


So that's it, my new and super easy updated hair routine/ care I hope you enjoyed and I answered any hair questions you may have had. If you have anymore just leave them below and I shall answer.

(A terrible picture of the outcome with my hair)

That's all for now,


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PorcelainNIvory | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig