Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Beauty Scenario TAG

The Questions:

1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?


This one is particularly hard for me I shop 95% based on drugstore mainly because I'm not rolling in money yet, so the ratio of high end to drug store is a tad biased. However the drug store foundation I'm picking is based on the length of time I've used it for, it was the first foundation that didn't apply to my dry skin and turn into skin flakes (ewww gross I know). So the foundation in question is GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation in Porcelain, not only is it a perfect fit for someone with dry skin but it was one of the first foundations that had my skin tone. It is average on the price scale at £7.99 and can be picked up at your nearest Superdrug.

I only own two "high end" foundations in the shape of Benefits Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! and Estee Lauders infamous Double Wear foundation. Out of the two I definitely reach for Benefit more, it blends better into my face and offers a complete coverage that both matches my skin tone and enhances it. The foundation itself is also packaged beautifully in fact it is something that can be put on display in any room. You can grab your own bottle at Boots and its something I would recommend. Estee Lauder foundation made my skin flaky and I believe that I got given the wrong colour foundation which didn't help my view, I see why people rave about this foundation but with my skin now it doesn't quite work. You can pick your foundation Boots both foundations retail in there 20's which is almost 3 times more than GOSH.

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

I think in this kind of situation I wouldn't draw attention to the issue, I feel that if I was to do such a thing then the interviewer would feel self conscious and it may count against me. The least I would do would be to do subtle things such as licking my own teeth in a hope that they would do the same.

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?

I don't tend to wear lipstick a lot and when I do it's dramatic, a simple red lip never fails to make me feel amazing, my ultimate favorite has to be Fatal Red by Maybelline. It's cheap and cheerful and I feel like it suits my complexion pretty well. 


4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

I didn't actually start to wear make-up until I was at least in year 10 (or Sophomore year) but I definitely went through a stage of wearing things that were the complete opposite of how God intended me to be. I straightened the life out of my natural curls, dyed it almost black and wore foundation that was darker than I was. I would shake the life out of myself if I could and tell myself to stick to natural stuff, don't be someone else for anybody just be true to you.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.

To be honest I would never ask for anything that short I am way to attached to my hair but let's say I do. In all honesty it would be the first option, I'm not generally someone who confronts someone or argues my mum however would march over there and demand that they fix it and give all my money back.

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

Oh how I would love that friend! I don't tend to have a lot of high end makeup palettes in fact all of my palettes are affordable drug store brands. The MUA Undressed Palette is an amazing dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette so it combines all natural and glowy tones and shades to create both day and night looks anywhere. 

7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?

I don't have one particular thing in my makeup products that I would think of straight away, I think out of everything I would choose to grab my Real Techniques Make-up brushes. I am proud of my growing collection they are by far my favorite brushes and super affordable!

8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs

As I've previously said I am not one for confrontation and I doubt it would have been on purpose, I would just know to never lend them makeup again, I can't actually imagine any of my friends wouldn't repurchase or replace something that they would have messed up. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PorcelainNIvory | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig