Monday 13 July 2015

The Clinique skin system

Oh hey guys!

I have always been ridiculously terrible at sticking to a skin care routine for as long as I can remember, even if I go out and buy a whole new array of products I find myself sticking to the routine for around 4 days or so. So this is my declaration to you my readers that I will be sticking to this routine for the whole month to see if it truly benefits my skin or not.

So first up it's key to note that my skin type is normal to combination, I get dry spots occasional oily spots and everything else is just red (wow I'm really selling myself!).

1. Step 1: Cleanse
So first up we have to get rid of all the gunk that accumulates on our faces during the day from the environment and any makeup that may have been applied. (In actual fact I am adding an extra step for if I wear any makeup, it will go before the cleanse.) For this first step I am using the liquid facial soap which leaves skin feeling fresh and squeaky clean, it is definitely not a harsh soap and no perfumes are used. All in all it is a good soap that doesn't leave your skin dry, stripped or tight and whilst the price of £16.50 may seem a tad bit steep for 100ml I think it isn't a terrible price baring in mind you only use 1/2 pumps per application.

2. Step 2: Exfoliate
The next step is definitely my favourite with this product, I feel that this is the best clarifying lotion I have used, it removes any of the leftover dirt that the cleanse step has missed, gets rid of the grit and dead skin that is left on our faces. For myself personally it does leave a tingle but it's one of the feelings that you accept as it doesn't hurt it just proves it working, right? Again this product is £16.50 but you really only need two spots on a cotton pad, it's that effective!

3. Step 3: Moisturise
Crucial step in my opinion as in the past I've had terribly bad dry skin, I still tend to get dry skin and in turn my foundation can turn slightly flaky. I know that the dramatically different moisturising lotion+ is raved about by several bloggers and youtubers and I am super psyched to try it out and see if it can correct my dry spots. £18






*EXTRA STEP!!!
Make-up cleanse (I do this when I feel like I am wearing a lot of make-up on my face or my skin just needs an extra cleanse).
For this step I use take the day off cleansing balm which is a hard balm you warm up in your hand and the newly formed creamy balm can be applied on your face to be massaged in and therefore the makeup comes off. I use this product when I am wearing make-up so I know for sure this does exactly what it says on the tin, this takes off all my make-up and I find that it terms of eye makeup it is pretty impressive. This is slightly pricer than the other products at £22 but you need the smallest amount at a time and is definitely something I don't think I could live without.


So this is my pledge to you guys, I might do a weekly update on my terrible spotty skin who knows?
Have any of you guys tried Clinique products?

That's all for now,





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PorcelainNIvory | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig